This position is responsible to perform start-up, shutdown and minor maintenance of material handling equipment, basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs of the facility and operations equipment, change/service batteries for rolling stock equipment, as well as, assist Maintenance Technician II’s and III’s with more complex repairs.
• Perform basic service on material handling equipment. Make minor adjustments, lubricate moving parts, reposition photo eyes and repair or report any problems, perform preventive maintenance and document all activities.
• Change batteries in rolling stock equipment.
• Maintain batteries by cleaning, filling and recharging.
• Clean shop and equipment.
• Perform daily start-up, shutdown of material handling equipment, inspect conveyors, sorters, etc. to ensure proper operation, troubleshoot, repair or note problems and report to supervisor.
• Assist Technician II’s and III’s as required.
• Perform basic facility maintenance such as: plumbing by unclogging drains, repairing leaky fixtures and installing new service; electrical; basic carpentry by repairing work stations, furniture, and doors, as well as, assisting with office renovation projects.
• 1 year of maintenance experience
• Completed at least half of an accredited technical program of study or demonstrate equal competency