- Monitor the quality and output of custodians
- Perform custodial duties such as, empty trash, dust and clean various surfaces, vacuum floors, operate floor care equipment, and all other tasks assigned
- Aid supervisor in the assignment of daily work and equipment set up, inventory, and aid Supervisor in ordering supplies, and deliver supplies to associates
- Maintain work schedules, ensuring completion of department workload. Liaison between Supervisor and other departments, as well as, external vendors
- Assist in the operations of Universal Waste Room and serve as the back-up contact
- Train custodians on the best methods to complete specific cleaning tasks and on the various housekeeping equipment.
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a PSEB advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- 2 years commercial cleaning experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good communication, both verbal and written
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and encourage others
- Ability to prioritize tasks while remaining flexible
- Problem solving and organizational abilities
- Knowledge of all cleaning methods, products, and equipment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Detail oriented
- Able to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Able to bend, stoop and work above the shoulder level.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or an adjusted or split schedule as needed
- Knowledge of Groveport facilities
- Working knowledge of computers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to type on keyboard and use handheld scanner
- Able to view and read details on a computer monitor
- Able to stand and walk for 8-10 hours continuously on concrete floors
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to climb, bend, stretch, talk, hear, push/pull, squat, twist, turn, stoop and use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms to reach above shoulder/head level and/or overhead
- Able to lift over 25 lbs on a continual basis and display safe working behaviors
- Able to read, in some cases small print, numbers and letters and identify colors
- Able to communicate with co-workers and supervisory staff
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.