- Identification, documentation and resolution of inventory/accuracy issues, irregularities and/or unusual events through constant monitoring and analyzing information provided from internal/external/ad hoc reports, inventory systems, and communication with DFS Management and third party clients to ensure inventory accuracy and compliance with procedural controls. (30%)
- Identify, initiate and coordinate the development of inventory investigations and accuracy inspections with the Inventory Control Supervisor to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of information and, where necessary, the resolution or correction of inventory issues or non-compliance with established procedures created by systems, operations or accounting inefficiencies. (20%)
- Educate, develop and support Operations Management and the Inventory Control Department in the areas of inventory accounting, systems and operating procedures in order to maintain inventory accuracy and procedural compliance within operational areas. (10%)
- Ensure the applicability and validity of statistical and non-statistical sampling methodology employed for operational accuracy inspections to provide management with a consistent and reliable measurement of operational effectiveness and compliance. (10%)
- Ensure adequate resources are available, and properly allocated, by providing direction to the Inventory Control Supervisor regarding current/future issues impacting inventory investigations and accuracy inspections. (10%)
- Assist in the development, testing and auditing of new systems as they relate to procedures, product flow and inventory accounting. (10%)
- Maintains communication with the Group Manager regarding the status of inventory investigations, accuracy inspections and activities that, in his/her opinion, require special attention, as a result of information gathered. (5%)
- Develops and coordinates special or ad hoc projects and reports based on direction from the Group Manager and/or concerns from Operations Management and/or third party clients. (5%)
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a PSEB advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- Excellent knowledge of inventory control and general accounting methods.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience.
- 3-5 years experience in inventory accounting and/or operations environment with an accounting background.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Excellent analytical skills, i.e. must be able to identify and present relevant data to management/clients and assist in decision-making.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven “problem solver.”
- Advanced knowledge of various inventory systems with an emphasis on catalog distribution.
- Proven leadership & management skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role may operate in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. This role may also operate in a warehouse environment
subject to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. This role may also be subject to loud noise due to conveyor systems and material handling equipment and routinely uses standard personal protective equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.