Purpose: Responsible for achieving customer satisfaction for client customers, maintaining schedules and deadlines, maintain performance standards and taking adequate measures to monitor and control performance, supervise and develop an effective work force promoting team concept, monitoring training and progress of new associates and assist in forecasting and budgeting to maintain proper staffing.
- Supervises an area that meets volume, service and cost requirements
- Make daily staff adjustments that result in effective cost control
- Provides leadership, communication, and coaching to associates to ensure development, continuous improvement and achievement of departmental goals
- Responsible for product flow, safety, productivity, accuracy, quality and inventory control
- Administers and maintains the organizations standards, policies and procedures, to include the company’s core values and teamshare plus accountability
- Partners with peers and colleagues daily to foster teamwork and performance throughout the facility
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking and use of a teamwork approach with associates
- Knowledge in material handling and automated inventory management system in a distribution environment
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a PSEB advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience as a supervisor in a distribution/fulfillment center
- College degree preferred
- Prior experience in a highly mechanized distribution/fulfillment environment
- Prior experience in supervising a large group of associates in a fast-paced production environment
- Knowledge and use of computer controlled conveyor and sorting equipment as well as material handling equipment preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role may operate in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. This role may also operate in a warehouse environment subject to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. This role may also be subject to loud noise due to conveyor systems and material handling equipment and routinely uses standard personal protective equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.