- Minimum one year call center experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mastery of the English language, including grammar
- Minimum five years’ experience handling escalated customer interactions required
- Windows, Word, Outlook, and Excel proficiency required and expertise a plus
- Proficiency in use of the Internet and email required
- Typing skills of 40+ WPM
- Reliability in attendance and punctuality is required
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- A clear strong speaking voice
- Ability to keep confidential matters private such as revenues, customer information, employee and company information
- Ability to take customer criticism, feedback, and negative emotions and not react or respond in kind.
- Ability to empathize and de-escalate customers who may be yelling, cursing, or insulting yourself, or your fellow associates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work in a busy office environment in a shared office space including shared desk spaces
- Subject to inside environmental conditions; protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Ability to stay focused on a task with constant background noise of call center activity
- Efficient keyboarding/data entry skills and ability to use a mouse
- Ability to sit for long periods of time in a stationary position
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery for long periods of time
- Operate under fluorescent lighting for long periods of time
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; use hands to type, mouse or key; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to work on computer for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to access work station or attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position requiring regular attendance and punctuality which includes a work week consisting of 10 hours per day, 40 hours per week. As an employee of a retail environment, evening and/or weekend work is required as well as mandatory over time during periods of high volume, including some holidays. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.